Six weeks prior to our second outreach for 15-25 year olds, Fritz and Petra Geiling, our executive leadership for the outreach, organized and executed a great kickoff for our team of workers.
53 workers have already signed up to assist us in impacting young people with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Ultimately we anticipate around 70 workers who will assist us on game day. Pretty exciting stuff.
Just to raise awareness, Fritz challenged me to a round of boxing. I declined, because I simply do not have an "off" button the competition side of my makeup. I countered by suggesting both of us being targets for water balloons - shot with a power slingshot. Bad idea. At about 50 feet a water balloon can pick up incredible speed and hurts like the dickens when you get him.
Here is what we learned from that little experience:
- Even when they have to pay money to shoot at their pastor, people line up and empty their wallets.
- Shooting balloons with a power slingshot is like a water balloon fight on steroids.
- Bruises do not take long to show.
- It takes four days for the swelling to go down.
- Followers of Christ have unresolved anger that they love to express.
All kidding aside, it is team-building experiences like this that build excitement. Do you work hard at building thrilling environments?